October 13, 2024

From Summer to Fall

Hello dear readers, and welcome back to my blog.

My summer passed by so quickly, and now it's hard to believe it's suddenly Fall.

A summer day in Alaska.

I had a beautiful but busy summer traveling between Nevada, Alaska, and Minnesota visiting my family.

In July, my youngest son and daughter-in-law were married in a lovely outdoor wedding in Minnesota. My three little granddaughters were such cute flower girls!

The wedding brought family from far and wide who I hadn't seen since the passing of my dear husband in 2022. It was all so touching, and beautiful.

~~~


Autumn is my favorite season, and this year, I'm spending it at my desert home where it is hot and dry.
When I first started my blog, way back in 2014 (has it really been 10 years!), I devoted the entire month of October to my favorite pumpkin recipes. One of those recipes, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, is still one I look forward to making every Autumn. It's simple to make, delicious, vegan, and easily adaptable if I've run out of an ingredient, or two.

Yum!

This loaf was made with all-purpose flour, oat fiber, coconut brown sugar, Miyoko's Plant-Based Butter, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

~~~

Until next time, have a beautiful and peaceful Autumn,

Kim

No comments: