July 18, 2018

Broccoli Noodles with Peanut Sauce


Broccoli Noodles with Peanut Sauce is a nourishing vegetarian main dish meal that serves two to three.  The red pepper flakes make it hot and spicy, but can be left out for a milder version.
Tonight, I made it for my husband and I with ramen noodles, but the soba (buckwheat) noodles taste good too, are a healthier choice, and are gluten-free.
Enjoy!

Broccoli Noodles with Peanut Sauce

Ingredients:

8 oz. dry ramen, or soba (buckwheat) noodles
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
Salt and pepper, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)

Peanut Sauce:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup orange juice
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 tsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. soy sauce, or tamari sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced

Instructions:

  1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
  2. While the noodles are cooking, blend all the peanut sauce ingredients together.
  3. In the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli and garbanzo beans to pot of noodles, and continue to cook.  Drain.
  4. In a large bowl, combine peanut sauce with drained noodles, broccoli, and garbanzo beans.
  5. Season with salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes.

Kitchen/Nutrition Note: Adding orange, lime, or lemon juice (Vitamin C) to bean dishes, helps the body absorb iron and protein more easily.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Hi Kim!! So lovely to see you again xx I don't post much on my blog these days..I own a homemaking group on Facebook and am in some wonderful groups there. If you are on FB you can find me at Gentle Friends Homemaking Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1157174814426110/

Hope you are keeping well my friend..God bless you!
Trish xxxxx

Kim said...

Hi Trish! So nice to hear from you again! I'm not on Facebook much, but I will take a look at your group. I'm trying to blog again regularly, in between a busy home life. Take care my friend and God bless, Kim xoxo

Karen Andreola said...

Yum. This is a favorite dish of mine. Chop sticks work well with it.

Kim said...

Hi Karen, So lovely to hear from you! This dish is one of my favorites too.
P.S. I can't wait to read your new book! It looks like a beautiful labor of love. ♥️